CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Little Running and Some Blogs I Like

We are on our third week of training using the Couch-to-5k Running Plan
We started it last night and ran it again this morning. It actually tells you to do it 3 days a week, but we like to do it 5 days. This week we ran for a three minute stretch twice. I was not sure that I could make it, but I did. Now do not get me wrong I run as slow as Christmas and I'm sure some could pass me just by walking, but I did it and it made m
e feel good. My oldest two children actually ran both three minute stretches with me last night (I told you I was going slow).
I did have someone who is a runner laugh at me because I was only running for 1 1/2 minutes to begin with. I honestly felt like it had broken my spirit, but now I think it has only made me more determined.


On a blog note, I have spent way too much time looking at some really great blogs. I have found creative, crafty, baking, and even some boring blogs. I'll share a couple with you.

Whimsy by Victoria

Check out this very creative blog
by Victoria. She makes some beautiful things, and has done amazing do overs on things. She is giving away a beautiful bag. Check it out!

Bakerella
Oh me, oh my! If you love to make cute creative food then this is the blog to check out! She makes the most amazing cake pops. They are the cutest things I have ever seen and right up my alley of cuteness. Her post on Saturday was about making cheesecake pops. Oh my Moses do they ever look yummy! She has even been on the Martha Stewart Show. I'm not a huge Martha fan, but hey if you are creative enough to get on her show then more power to ya. So go on over and check out her yummy looking blog. I know I will be making some of those little cake pops for a baby shower I'm hosting. I also want to have a party just so I can share their cuteness.

Today's Creative Blog
Kim does an amazing job of showing us all the great blogs to check out. How do you think I found out about Victoria? Well, it was from Kim's blog of course. If you have time then jump on over and check out all the great blogs that she has showcased. I promise you won't be sorry.

Well, I think that is enough blog sharing for now. I'm sure I'll find more later. Meanwhile, their are some great blogs listed to the left under my blog list.

On another note if you decide to get a wireless mouse and keyboard, make sure you are stocked in batteries. My husband gave me his when he bought a new computer, saying that he had never replaced the batteries. I say ha! I have replaced them once and am struggling with just getting this post out. I need to buy stock in AAA batteries.

I hope you all have a great week!

Dawn

3 comments:

Victoria Hayden said...

Dawn, thank you for such a nice comment and post! You have all 4 enteries! Yay...a better chance! :) I can see we both have a lot in common! Trying to keep up with our kids, creativity and I even saw you have the same kitchen chairs I have. lol. You have to see the post I did on "Before and Afters". I painted my chairs and did 2 each in a different color. Turned out so cute! I am going to be posting soon on Monograms and letters I have added to them as well! Thank you for adding me as a new friend in your life. Look forward to knowing you better.

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Roan said...

Do not be discouraged by someone laughing at your short running spurts! Keep up the good work. You have to start and proceed slowly to avoid injury. Also by taking it slowly, and slowly building up to longer stretches of running, you are more likely to stick with the program. If ever you are not ready for an increase in the run/walk ratio, just repeat the week you are on before proceeding to the next week.
When is the 5K you are doing?

Pedaling said...

i check out those blogs on a regular basis and yes they are good recommendations.
you are a doll and i love your new little blog already.
nice job.
i like your personality and thanks so much for your kind words on my site.
hey, and good luck on that running...your comments regarding it made me smile. it will get easier and you will become stronger at it. i promise, just stay with it.