CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Still Alive!

I know it has been forever since I blogged. We had a Gospel Meeting last week at chruch and the week was just crazy. This week I am at my in-laws with the kids. The are having a grand time swimming every day. I on the other hand am not enjoying having to do the pool thing, but I will since they love it so much. If my hubby was here I could talk him into it, but since he is not I will have to be the good parent and do it. I don't mind the fact that I am getting some much needed sun on my pale white skin, but I hate to swim. I have to give my rules out before the kids start swimming. The top rule is NO getting mommies hair wet! I have naturally curly hair and I usually wear it straight, so if it gets wet then it will curl up like crazy.

My running is struggling this week with me not having my hubby here to take the kids while I run. I did run on the treadmill once, which I hated! I also ran the sidewalk to the school, which was a great course, but I had the kids walking behind me. I am going to try to run tonight when my in-laws get home. There are no houses where I ran so I am not crazy about going alone. I may see if they want to walk behind me with the kids. I am up to running a mile without stopping, but haven't been able to go past that. The main reason being because I have had the kids with me so I have to go slower and get tired of having to turn around. My hubby on the other hand is up to running 2 1/2 miles without stopping. I'm so proud of him! He did not even want to start running, but I think he is beginning to love it. He has been getting up at 6 a.m. to do his run.
I hope you all have a good week! I promise to be a better blogger when I get back home. I also have a very exciting meeting coming up next weekend that I hope to be able to blog about.

Dawn

1 comment:

Roan said...

Hey Dawn,
I may have already told you this, but while running is my greatest stress RELIEVER, it is also one of my greatest SOURCES OF STRESS. For all of the reasons you mentioned....the logisitics of what to do with the kids while you run, when to run, where to run! I know the struggle of all three! Just hang in there. Be creative. Take it one run at a time.
Keep adding a little bit of time and distance to your runs, and before you know it, you will be running 3 miles or more with no problem. Just keep on taking it slowly. When you are through running/walking each session, try to add a bit more walking at the end to increase your total time exercising if time permits.
Have a joyful time in the pool!