I think if I can not make it then I will follow her suggestion. I think that I'm more tired today because I tried to kick it up a notch on the running. I usually run so slow, but I felt pretty good so I kicked it up and tried to work some on the distance I covered. I almost did not make it on my last 5 minute run, but I pushed myself mainly because my husband was there and watching me. My husband ran first and I watched the little ones and our oldest son ran with him. I ran second so I was able to run alone and not have to worry if the kids were keeping up. My husband runs so much faster than I do, but as I told him I'm just working on building up my running. I will work on speed later.
We put down mulch last Monday around the house (9 backhoe scoops). It took us forever, but we had help from the kids.
My daughter was not in any pictures because she was watching my niece who had spent the night with us.
On some blog notes, I have a few more for you to check out.
Joyful Always
Roan has a great blog to read! She and her family are a running family, and also a homeschooling family. I love reading her post about both of these subjects. Roan is actually the reason I started running. I have read her blog on and off for a while and I kept telling my husband I wanted to be a runner. Finally one day I told him that I was going to do it, I was not going to just talk about it. I started a few weeks ago and I love it. (Even if I am slow at it.) So go forth and get knowledge on a wide range of subjects, such as homeschooling, running, meal planning. The also have amazing family birthday's for their kids. They have a really neat tradition for birthdays.
Pedaling Fast & Trying to Keep Up
I just found this blog on Sunday. That was also the day that she lost her father. My heart was so sad for her and her family as I sat and read all the kind words she had to say about her father. It is such a precious blog. You could just see the love in her father's eyes in all the pictures she has on there of him. They sound like a fun family. Remember them during this time of grieving.
Blondie's Bits
I hope you don't kill me Janna for putting you on here! I'm kinda partial to this blog just because she is my long lost cousin I blogged about in my first post. She is crazy funny and has a total addiction to all things Disney and strollers. I know crazy combination, but she needs the strollers for when she goes to Disney so many times a year. Go on over and read all about her and enjoy.
This is all for now, I need to go get some things straightened up for the day. Enjoy the new blogs and happy reading.
Dawn



3 comments:
hahahaha! I got a bloggy referral! Thanks! I think you nailed the Disney and stroller addictions pretty well!
I have such mulch issues! Most of it goes back to when I had just had Andrew, and I was still having my liver function monitored. I still didn't have an appetite, nothing smelled right, I had blood sugar issues, you name it. Well, I was driving down the road and I caught this sickly, sweet smell. It almost made me sick! And I couldn't find the source! All sorts of wild ideas started running through my head - I was dying, my metabolic processes were breaking down, my liver had exploded, etc. Then I came upon the smell - a large pickup was not only pulling a trailer of mulch but the flatbed was filled, too. I had never seen that much mulch in my life, much less smelled so much in one place! I laughed at myself and my deliriousness! Anyhoo, I cannot tolerate mulch because of that! We use rubber mulch around the playground and something else (chips, maybe?) around the landscaping.
*sigh* Yet somehow, I am still allowed to walk around alone and with my children, no less! One day, the men in white coats may come...
Hi. I came across your blog and saw my button! I was so honored and excited to find someone else reading my blog...besides me! Haha! I am also Roan's sister-in-law and I must say that she is such a loving, godly woman that I look up to so much. I am amazed at how organized, creative, and fun she is with all the kids and activities she handles each day.
We shoveled 3 trailer loads of mulch back in March. Stinky!!!
Your running is going great!!
Thanks for the kind words!
We are keeping the preacher Jeremy and his wife Laura this week.....do you know them?
Post a Comment