CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A New Day

It's time to start a new day. As much as I hate leaving my last post behind, it is time to move on with a new topic. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

First off I went to the grocery store on Monday. I have recently started shopping at Publix. (which I drive 30 minutes to shop at) Anyway, I was told by a few people that you could shop there and get great deals, so with four kids to feed I thought I would give it a try. My first two trips there were pleasant, but this third trip Monday was anything but pleasant. I start off by looking for the cashier that I thought might be the friendliest since I had a ton of coupons to use. (you have to get someone that isn't going to get mad because you're trying to save money) Needless to say I did not succeed in finding a friendly one, as a matter of fact she was anything but friendly. It all started by her trying to take a coupon off of a box of storage bags. I told her I didn't want to use the .20 off coupon because I had a $1 off one to use. This is when she started getting nasty. She was one of the most hateful people I have come across. I started to tell her to void my entire order. I came out of the store feeling like I was a criminal for using coupons. I'm still not sure if I will shop at the particular Publix again.

I guess this is just not my week to deal with people in customer service. I went to pick up a coupon I had gotten from our local T.V. station for Papa John's Pizza. (with the coupon you get two large pizzas for $11.00) I got in line behind the two people who had gone in before me and I waited for maybe close to 10 minutes. In the mean time 4 or 5 other people got in line behind me. Oh I guess I should say that you go into a UPS shippng store to get the coupons. When it was my turn she looked at me and said "Do you mind if I go ahead and take care of my UPS customers?" I just looked at her I guess with a dumb founded look and said "Um no my kids are in the car". I always park out front of the store and it literally only ever takes less than 2 minutes to walk in and get the coupon. I have never had to wait until today. Needless to say I was very upset with the fact that she asked me to wait. Was my business not as important as the others? I really think people need to take a class on how to treat others before they work with the public.

On a happy note, I took the kids summer pictures yesterday. I have taken them at the same place for the last three years. It is amazing to see how they have grown over the last three years.


The last one is my favorite, for some reason the color is always good there.

I hope you all have a good week!

Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! The last one is my favorite, too.

I have such issues with bad customer service. Part of it has to do with being in retail pretty much my entire life! I know what it's like to have to smile and be nice when you don't want to. I guess I think if I put forth the effort then everyone else should, too!

I am still jealous that you have a Publix even that close to you! The only one I've ever shopped in was at Hilton Head.

I should probably go to bed now. I fell asleep with the boys earlier but then woke up when Jeff came to bed. Tomorrow's going to be a long day at this rate!

Love ya

Anonymous said...

I guess it's today, not tomorrow!

;0)