CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Do Not have a Snazy Title

I absolutely can not think of a title that is snazy! It has become crazy around our house with school starting back in a week. We are down to the crunch time trying to get schedules laid out and to do list finished. I had so much I wanted to accomplish this summer and feel that I have failed to get even half of it finished. This is going to be one crazy busy week!
We take on a new task this year with our third child starting Kindergarten. We will have three to home school and that to me is a little scary. I am very thankful that my hubby has an office out back and is very willing to do part of the schooling when he is needed. I am not one who can handle too many things at one time so I'm glad I have such a wonderful husband who is willing to help me. Matthew is so excited about starting school and I'm actually a little excited about it as well. It is so hard to believe that he will be 5 in September.

On another note, my running has come to a stand still right now. I ran last Monday and started battling some kind of sinus issues on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have felt progressively worse every day since then. I started back walking a couple of days a week with a friend of mine so that I am thankful for. We walk for an hour and get to catch up on all that is going on. (This friend was my neighbor for the first 5 1/2 years that we lived here. We moved into a new house a year ago and I had to leave her.) I am so discouraged with my running because I never have ran farther than a mile and a half. It just seems that there is always something that I let hinder me from going farther. My hubby has been able to make it up to running a little over 4 miles. I'm so proud of him for making it that far and a little jealous that it is not me. We are hoping to buy a treadmill before too long and maybe I can make up some time with that. It has gotten to the point that it is too hard to go with the children because by the time they get up in the mornings it has already gotten so hot outside. As much as I hate the treadmill, I think it will come in handy with school starting back.
My hubby running


I hope everyone has a great week! I promise to try and blog more often, but I don't promise I'll have anything very interesting to say.

Dawn

2 comments:

Roan said...

Hey Dawn,
I can relate to the feeling of panic with school approaching! I just blogged about that very thing! Also this is my first year with 4 in school. Leah is beginning K too, and my oldest is in 9th grade! Another huge biggee!
Don't give up with the running! Don't give up!!! Are you trying to run the 1.5 miles straight, or are you taking regular walk breaks? Increase your total run/walk time without increasing your run walk ratio for a while. Does that make sense? If you are walking 5 minutes/running 1, do that for 6 more minutes each time for a week, rather than increase your run/walk to 5 minutes walking/2 minutes running. After a week of increasing your total time (which would push you past the 1.5 mile mark), then work on increasing your run/walk ratio. You will find the treadmill to be a blessing! But, you will need to run slower on it than you do outside. Everyone I know does. It just seems a little bit harder.
Have a great week!
Roan

Anonymous said...

Things are crazy around here, too (but they always seem to be, lol).

I hope you are feeling better! Exercising when you can't breathe well is miserable, so I can understand how running came to a standstill!

I had a treadmill once...once. I really enjoy walking at the mall as I don't have to wonder/worry what the boys are up to while I am walking - but that's just me!

I hope that school gets off to a good start! Andrew is trying my patience already - great! A few more books are on the way but when everything is here, that boy won't have time to give me grief. I hope.

And I always want to here what you have to say!