CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

A little bit of everything

Well here I go jumping into this blog thing. I will start off by saying that I stink at grammar and there will be mistakes in here. Yes, I home school my kids and I stink at grammar. I'm not sure I can even share anything that anybody would want to read anyway, but we shall see.

This has been the most amazing week! It all started with me, the hubby, and the kids training ourselves to become a running family. We certainly don't get enough physical exercise, but this is all going to change. My hubby did not even want to start running, but after a small taste of it he has decided to stick with it for a few weeks. I think he is going to love it before long. I already do and I cannot run long stretches at a time. I promise you would have thought I was going to die if you had seen my first timed run and it was only running for a minute. I'm talking a literal minute, sixty seconds. I thought to myself the first day, of man I don't think I can do this I must be kidding myself. Anyway, I did it, I did not die and I love it! I actually ran for a two minute stretch once today. I know that is not very impressive, but it is better than I have ever been able to do before. I am training to run in our local Susan Komen Race for the Cure Breast Cancer 5k. I hope I can do it! So hence the title of my blog, catch me if you can because I'm going to run.

The second amazing thing that happened this week is I found my cousin on Facebook. My cousin that is five years older than I am, and that I have no memory of. The whole story is a drama within it's self and the whole thing shall not be repeated here. All you need to know is there was a divorce, a remarriage and the lack of communication with each side of the family. I have had a desire to find someone for as long as I can remember. Some of the ones I wanted to reconnect with have passed from this life, but others have not. God is an awesome God and in His time I found what has been missing for a long time. I talked to my cousin on the phone for the first time yesterday, and we talked for two and a half hours. I promise it felt like we had never been apart. She and I have so much in common that it is scary.

The next step is to meet other members of my family that I haven't seen since I was a very small child.

I hope you all have a great Memorial weekend! Remember to hug your kids if you have them and tell them you love them.

Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Welcome to Bloggyville!

Do you follow Crystal's other site, Money Saving Mom? That's one of my all-time favorites and I check it several times a day.

I really enjoyed talking to you, too!

I love the look of your blog - very impressive!

Roan said...

Your blog looks great for your very first post! It took me awhile to make mine look cute! Well done!
I am so happy about your progress. Pretty soon you won't feel like you are dying, and you will really enjoy running.
Have a super Sunday!