skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A New Kitten
I went to clean the church building last Saturday and came home with a new pet. My sister-in-law were in the back of the building cleaning and we heard the loudest meowing. I asked her is she thought it was a cat or a kitten. Yes there is a difference when you are the one opening the door! She said she thought it was just a kitten, but I still opened the back door of the building very slowly. I did not want to get attacked by a crazy cat! (I have horrible memories from when I was a child of spending the night with a friend whose cat would attack my feet while I tried to sleep.) I opened the door just a little bit and saw nothing. I opened it a little farther and nothing. Finally I opened it all of the way and found the cutest little black kitten sitting in the corner on the top step. She was so tiny and cute! When we got back to my house I told my husband about it and so we decided to go check on it. We joked with my sister-in-law that we were going to tell our niece about it since she has no pets. (My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are not animal people.) I was afraid it would be gone, but it was still there sitting next to the air conditioning unit. It didn't seem to want my husband to pick it up at first so he just petted it. He told me to go and get the kids out of the car so they could see. Matthew went straight to the cat and had it in his arms before we knew it. He is such an animal lover! I keep telling my hubby that maybe he needs to be a vet when he grows up because he loves animals. We brought her home until we decided what to go with her. Matthew had the cat named within the hour. We now have a kitten named Anakin. The kitten is black with a small patch of white on its tummy. I told my husband that Anakin was an appropriate name since Anakin turned to the dark side. The white represents the good side and the black represents Darth Vader who Anakin became. Can you tell that I have some children that love Star Wars?


We did nothing special for Memorial Day. We just stayed around the house and cooked out on the grill for ourselves. We did go for our walk/jog that morning. We are working on our second week of training and I think it is going pretty good. We actually start next week running for 3 minute stretches. I hope I don't kill over! I do feel that it is getting easier as far as my breathing, but 3 minutes I can not imagine. Okay you can stop laughing now! I know 3 minutes is not a long time, but for someone who has never been a runner it is.

Before my walk/run
I actually have so much more to post about, but this has taken way too much time this morning. Maybe when I figure out all of these features I can do it faster. Sorry for my pics being here and there and everywhere.
I hope you have a good day!
Dawn
No comments:
Post a Comment