skip to main |
skip to sidebar
God's creation
A few weeks ago my hubby noticed that a Robin had built a nest in his out building. He would take the kids out there and show them the baby birds. My third child Matthew was probably the most interested and never could understand why he could not hold one of the birds. Oh to see everything through the eyes of a child. I joked with Mike that I wanted the bird nest for my bathroom, since I had just redone our main bathroom and had bird accents. He just laughed at me of course. Well, the birds were big enough last week to fly away from their nest, and they left us a little present. When my husband went to take down the nest he found that one of the eggs was still in there. Apparently there was a bird that did not make. Okay I'm sure someone is laughing at me because of that statement! I don't know anything about why some have birds and some do not. Anyway, the egg was beautiful! It was the prettiest blue color and really would have looked great in my bathroom. The kids wanted to see it so I showed it to them, and let Madison who is eight, and Matthew who is four hold it. I told Matthew to be very careful and not drop it because I did not want to break the egg. Well guess who broke the egg! If you guessed me then you were right. I walked outside to take the nest back to my hubby and dropped it right on the sidewalk. I could not believe that I was the one to drop it. In case you were wondering a robin egg looks just like a chicken egg on the inside. It had a yellow yolk and everything, which was kind of neat. I guess I really need to do some sort of unit study on birds and their eggs now. I guess I really could use the education on birds.The nest really was amazing! God creation is truly an amazing thing!

I never realized a robin's egg was so small, another reason I should educate myself.
I was not able to run today because it rained all day. It is supposed to rain all week according to the local weather man. I am really hoping that this is one time he is wrong. I hope that there will at least be a break each day so that I can get some walking/running in.
I hope you all have a great Memorial day tomorrow!
Dawn
1 comment:
So are you a klutz, too? I am notorious for falling/dropping/breaking, etc. My dad always (and still) calls me, "Grace, " VERY sarcastically!
Post a Comment