skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Homeschool Camp
In October every year our homeschool group has a one night, two day camp. We all get together on Thursday for classes, and on Friday we do games or crafts. This year the classes were about Science. This was my first year to teach. It was an awesome experience to be able to see all of these smart children so eager to learn. I mulled for weeks over what on earth I could teach them. Thankfully I only taught the younger grades. I had two classes k-1 and 2-4 grades. I finally decided to do teach them about yeast. It was a pretty cool Science experiment if you ask me, but I'm easily impressed. I think the children enjoyed it. Of course it involved liquid, foods, and balloons so what's not to like. All of the children were so very well behaved which they always are.
We fed the yeast to see what it like to eat the best. Sugar and soda won.On Friday the children did Fall crafts. There was pumpkin carving and painting, yarn crafts, as well as food crafts. What's not to love about a craft that involves food?
Some of the painted pumpkins.
Micah my oldest decided he wanted the Colts symbol on his pumpkin.
Some of the children that carved pumpkins acting silly.
One of the good things that came out of the camp this year was that I was able to meet two blogger friends. Roan from Joyful Always and Lynn from Mims' Memories. It was so great to meet them after reading about them and their families for so long. These are two great women and they have such pleasant and beautiful children. It was such a joy to meet you ladies!
Lynn, myself, and RoanI look forward to this homeschool camp each October. It is my favorite meeting of the year! I can not wait until next year!
Oh and I have to say that I didn't stay at the camp in the bunk houses. I stayed in a nice hotel room with a nice hot shower. To me that is the best way to camp!
Our Fall weather has finally arrived, so I'm going to enjoy it. Have a great Saturday!
Dawn
3 comments:
Look at you already posting, even before Roan! It was a really fun camp! Hope we can make it again next year, but in a hotel room, for sure!!! LOL
Oh, the irony! I just had to giggle.
What a fun trip! It's very cool that you got to meet some bloggy friends, too.
You know that I LOVE that you stayed in a hotel - I am definitely not into 'roughing it'!
Ok, so you beat me to blogging about the camp! I am fixing to blog right now! I had to get Clay off to his campout, and then clean and do tons of laundry. We had to get up pretty early for our race this morning....oh, the drama with my van kinda set me back too!
I am so glad I met you! You are precious!
Post a Comment