The Mystery Machine is on the front of the cake.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Scooby Dooby Doo Where Are You? We've Got Some Work to Do Now!
I guess one thing I haven't shared with all of you is my passion to decorate cakes. I have been making my little ones cakes for several years now. I also usually make the cakes for my niece's and nephew on my hubbies side of the family. I have made anything from Hannah Montana, Elmo, Star Wars, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, and many others. I love to decorate and I really love it when my family lets me have free run over what the cake is going to look like. They really are a very trusting bunch. Well, this weekend we are celebrating my niece's 5th birthday. She wanted a Scooby Doo cake. As many of you know Scooby is not as popular as he once was so finding something to just sit on a cake is not that easy. Having a love for fondant I went out in search of a design I could use fondant with. I found it and set out with my plan. Much to my dismay, I had to change my plan because I have to travel with the cake, which is not something I like to do. We normally have the parties at my in-laws house so I do no have to travel, I just bake the cake there and we have a party. This time I have to travel and I do not like it. (Have I mentioned I don't like to TRAVEL with my cakes!) Anyhoo, I changed the entire design which ended up being a big disaster! My cake started to crack which is my own fault because I didn't level it. I was trying to just get it done after my original design went out the window. I baked and iced the cake and then the cake started to crack more. I decided I needed to let it sit over night since I might have to make an entirely new cake if it continued to crack. Thankfully it did not get any worse. I had made all of the fondant characters to go on the cake. Some of them started to crack, which I'm not sure why. I finally finished the cake and even though it is not my favorite cake I hope my niece will be happy with it.


The Mystery Machine is on the front of the cake.
The Mystery Machine is on the front of the cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Great job! I love it.
You are a very talented cake decorater! I am impressed!
How's the running going?
Post a Comment